Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My daily struggles...

I mentioned it before, that time gets the best of me. Something always comes up that infiltrates my plans to ride on an almost day to day basis.  Today, I had yard work.  More so I had family up helping me with yard work that is long over due, so I figured it might be wicked rude of me to peddle off into the sunny day while waving back at my father in-law as he's helping me get my yard in better shape! I can tell you though, in the few hours we spent getting it cleaned up, it looks stellar!



I always go into a day with the great plans to peddle at least 10 miles somewhere, and as I put it off to the next day, my ideal situation is to double up the next day....so  in theory I should be peddling away a good thousand or more miles tomorrow! I am off all day, there really is no reason not to.... At the very least though, I think we will make a trip to The Quinebaug river trail in Killingly CT. It has been on my short list of rides to take now for at least a couple weeks.


Last week I got a chip shot 3 miler in.... which basically was a ride out of my house, down the road and back.  I try to walk away from each ride learning something knew or at least taking something from it.  This one, I can tell you that I did the second day I had the bike and had a tough time with the incline of one of the hills on the way back and then this time around today it was nothing.  I talked through the entire thing like it was nothing.  While I may feel like I am not getting enough saddle time in, I can definitely feel the difference in short familiar rides that I have done in the past!  This time around a friend of ours came with us.  Us being my daughter and I.  Sure cycling is a healthy up beat inspirational sport, this is why we ended this ride with a couple of beers and pizza at a local eatery! You have to mix the good with the bad sometimes!




I picked up a gopro to try and capture some of the sights and sounds around as I go on these little two wheeled adventures so hopefully things will get a little more interesting on here.  I also have great plans to expand the blog a bit in to some educational aspects.  Specifically tailored to cycling.  Time shall tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment