Wednesday, September 2, 2015

97 ish for the month of August!

Half way through the month of August, during some friendly banter back and forth between my buddy who rides, we decided to have a competition to see who could log the most miles for the month of August.  In true competitive form, I wanted to drop a 20 on this or perhaps lunch or a beer or six... but I'm broke, so I opted for bragging rights only. 

At the time we were both pretty close to even at 80 and it was really anyone's game.  His advantage is that his only responsibility in life other than his job or house is his dog.  Dogs are resiliant.  They can go anywhere! I have a Child.... they require diaper changing, and food, and bla bla bla.  So yes.... I am laying down a path of excuses to inevitably tell you that I lost the bet!

The sad part of this is he rides in the woods and on average hits 5-8 ish miles per ride whereas I do mostly road and can hit 12-20 without a problem.  Frequency however is the problem! I cant find more than a day or two a week to ride, where as my friends out there almost every day! Its pure crap!

I bowed to the winner when August 31st rolled around and he had 20 more miles than me and I had no time before midnight to put rubber to pavement.  SO.... we renewed the bet and come into September 2nd down by 4.6 miles.  We will see who takes September!

No comments:

Post a Comment