Monday, August 17, 2015

Thompson River Trail

               Two days after the Pan-Mass Challenge I decided it would be a good plan to ride again.... even when I was still sore and hurting from the PMC! So I packed up the hoopty and took my wife and daughter to the Thompson River Trail just down the road from us in Thompson CT!

                It is a nice place but slightly confusing as to where to go and how the path runs, so we basically just did our own thing! We left from the parking area near the Gazebo and rode down the path, through the Town Hall parking lot, over a bridge annnd basically found what I assumed was the next portion of the trail.  All in all I would say its pretty nice! It seemed to be the best idea in order to work out the pains of the distance ride, get back on the bike and ride more! Logical right?  So onward we peddled!

            If youre cool with dodging piles of broken beer bottle glass and sandy sidewalks have at it! There are some really nice off road sections that go along the river that is wicked nice! I would say this would be a much better ride had I had the off road mountain bike tires back on it, but either way still a fun couple of hours with the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment