Sunday, August 16, 2015

Where it all started!

Somewhere around April ish of this year I purchased a Mountain bike..... it was important to me that I bought a quality bike, but not one that was going to land me more in the poor house than I already seem to be at times.  I also wanted to make sure that what ever  I purchased had the capability of towing my Daughter in her trailer.... I had no idea where I was going to go both literally and metaphorically, but I knew I wanted to go on two wheels.

Now.... some background into this. In my younger days, my friends and I rode EVERYWHERE together.  I lived on one side of the town, another friend lived in the middle and then there was another on the opposite side as me.  We would always meet in the middle (seems smart right?) and go on our daily summer adventures from there.  I can tell you that 100% of the time, I would crash the bike and end up cut, scrapped or injured in some way shape or form.  I couldn't stay on two wheels to save my life and it nearly cost it a few times! There were functional idiots who could sustain a bike ride longer than I could! It got so bad that at times my friends would try and encourage me to find something else to do while they rode around enjoying their two wheeled life....

That said.... I had to focus, and figure out if I could manage to stay upright as an adult. After all..... if I was going to be towing my daughter around, I really should avoid crashing with her in the cart.   So far so good, I don't want to jinx my self, but no problems yet!!

I picked up road tires for...my mountain bike.  Aside from 1 brief trail ride, I have been on the road non stop since I purchased it. I am pretty sure I should have just got a road bike. At the very least, a number of people have reassured my purchase by telling me that it was much smarter to get this frame, towing the little 25 pound wonder and her snow man.  What snow man?  Oh.... a lovable Disney character that HAS to get buckled in and go everywhere with us!





No comments:

Post a Comment