Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Webster to Chepachette

             Since I have started this bike riding thing, I have gone to a seasoned veteran of riding that I am friends with for pointers and tips and stuff.  She has family that lives close to my inlaws and has always said that a ride from our house to their house is a pretty challenging ride, especially when you get to Palaski road.  Its like a giant hellish hill taunting you with every stride of the peddle.  So.... yet again, that competitive nature of  "I can do it..." takes over. So during one of the hottest and most humid days of the year, of course I decide to pack my daughter into her cart and ride on.  The plus side... or the light at the end of the tunnel if you will...theres a lake anxiously awaiting our arrival that we can swim in. Boom. done. sold. Im there.

          All in all it wasnt too bad of a ride.  Definitely has a number of hills that were strenuous, but over all functional.  The added weight that I am pulling definitely is noticable throughout the entire ride let alone on the hills! You would be surprised how much an extra 28 pounds is while riding! If you really want an idea, get on your bike and drag a couple cinder blocks behind you...and talk to them. Thats right.....I just compared my daughter to a couple of cinder blocks. What?




           It is a great ride with great views along the way! It takes you by Webster lake and two others.  They are all pretty much well kept and beautiful views! In fact at one point my daughter kept pointing things out saying "Daddy, pretty!".  Normally I would just say she was likely calling her Daddy pretty....because lets face it... I am pretty! In this case though, it was obvious it was the exhilarating ambiance she was enthralled with!


         Half way through the ride, I stopped to make sure the silence in the cart wasn't due to a severe case of dehydration and heat stroke rendering her unable to speak..... So we parked in someones driveway along 193.... all was well. She was just napping... who knew! So a quick temperature check revealed a cool dry child who was resting comfortably on our traverse across three states! Of course though, this woke her up.  From here I would venture a guess that the lay on looker thought maybe I was insane, we pretty much sang the ABC's a hundred times ending with a wicked loud YAAAAYYY!!! and clapping all through Thompson. By the time we hit Rhode Island, we were counting to ten over and over again together. In the event you weren't aware.....counting to ten is 1....2.... 6...9.....6....9...TENNNN!!!!! Yaaaaay!!!!

      All in all, no stops were necessary aside from the one pulse check we did at the half way mark! That is of course until we got to Palaski road.  That required two (2) hops off the bike and pushing up some hills that I swear were purposefully placed on my path solely to try and kill me. Either way, my daughter was happy, had a fun time and I rained enough sweat to resemble a small monsoon hit us on the way.  Great ride, fun times, cant wait until our next!


No comments:

Post a Comment